State of the Omega 2017
Once upon a time, I kept you guys updated about every little plan I had. I can’t really do that anymore… too many little things to be done, and too many things I’m not allowed to disclose. However I would like to give a brief “State of the Omega” and summary of what is to come!
First… How are we now? Well….Omega is doing great!
- Mesh Adoptions: Last year we landed most of the remaining Major Mesh brands that had ignored us in the Past. Slink, Lelutka, Loud Mouth, Nyam Nyam along with practically every new SLUV mesh that was released in 2016. Frankly the Mesh Count has ballooned up so high I no longer have a definite figure to give you! x.x There’s still a couple Mesh Designers not on board, but we love them anyways and eagerly await hearing from them at some point.
- Pre-Installed Rates: More and More designers are opting for Pre-Installed Since I reduced the group discount! Huzza!
- Neckblender: This past year we also introduced a standardized Neckblender that would work on heads and bodys, and have managed to convince almost every new Mesh Maker with a Neck bit to use it! There’s still a couple OLD meshes that could benefit from the neckblender that haven’t added it, and 1 head maker who hasn’t gotten around to updating to it, but for the most part we’re good on that front.
- Cosmetic Appliers: The Explosion of new heads forced us to quickly come up with an applier solution a more usefull and specific then “Makeup” or “Tattoo”. What came about was a 7 zone system with a 3 button applier hud. So far, it has worked wonderfully for the most part, although we’ve run into the problem of people not skinning the way the instructions indicate. As a result we’ve released layer converters and made updates to the routing hud to make it easier to deal with unlabeled appliers. We’ll also be working on some changes in the future to further reduce this customer burden. (see the to-do list bellow!)
- New Storage System: There is now an Installer Storage System Built into the Routing HUD to store the installers you use! Moving forward we’ll be nudging as many Creators toward Plug-ins rather then Relays as possible to take advantage of this fact.