Announcing Omega Evolved!
First, there was Omega, and then Omega Advanced and now, our 3rd Generation of Appliers, Omega Evolved!
Just like Omega Advanced brought Materials and Tinting, Omega Evolved Marks bring s new features to the Omega Applier System!
As some of you know, for Several Months Now I’ve been updating Omega Kits and refining the new dev kit so we can have these new features:
- Asymmetrical Eye Appliers: You may have already noticed this one! Kits have been being updated to provide a popup whenever you apply an eye applier, allowing you to have 2 different eye textures!
- Asymmetrical Arm Appliers: This one I’m super excited about, I’ve added keywords to the system to allow skin, tattoo and clothing makers to create designs for a single arm, or different designs for both arms!
- Stand Alone Materials: People have been asking for this FOREVER. Now you can create appliers that are JUST the spec and/or normal map!
- Makeup Routing Update: This too you may have already noticed! Yall hated the Router. Don’t lie, you did! So I’ve been updating all the heads to use a popup when you click on a Makeup/HUD button!
- Eyelash Appliers: I actually announced this a while ago so mesh makers can do their thing, and luckily enough, quite a few mesh makers have jumped on board/are in the process of jumping! So with the new dev kit IS the ability to make lash appliers!
- Faster Applications: Ok..I know.. boring update.. but thanks to Signature we have found a much faster way of texturing big primmy meshes! So huzza!
- A whole new dev kit with more flexibility than ever before!
- New Single Script for ALL appliers, standard appliers, materials, tinting, doesn’t matter. Skins can be on the same hud as makeup or clothing, standard and materials appliers can be on the same hud with Stand-Alone Material appliers, it doesn’t care.
- We’ve returned to Notecard configurations for easier large hud setups
- Spam-Click Protection for Makeup Appliers: Click once to send a texture to where you designated, click the same button again to trigger the makeup popup we’ve added to heads!
- You can now put multiple textures into one button. Send a dress to both top and pants. Send eyes and nails with your skin appliers!
- Be a pro with our “Advanced Tricks”. Use multiple notecards (because organization?), set notecards to autodelete, try loud mode to make sure all your data is being saved or try our memory saving trick that lets you reuse notecard lines for multiple layers!
- New Instructions here: http://slpoweredbyomega.com/dev-kit-instructions-v4-0/
- Updated Layer Converters: I’ve added extra buttons to the clothing converter for each arm! Turn existing tattoos into single arm tatts, or be creative with clothing colors!
- RLV Integration: Those of you with the RLV kit know that it’s frankly clunky and inelegant. You have to wear someone’s product that uses it, plus the relay.. and ugg… I hate it. So I’ve started integrating the strip/dress api directly into the kits. No more relay needed and it’s letting me better tailor it’s behavior to individual meshes. (great right?). The caveat, that hopefully not too many of you hate me for is that It’s ONLY for clothing at this time. Given the disparate nature of the mesh head market, I’ve simply not found an elegant solution for makeups, and I’m not sure there’s a huge need. If a good idea comes to me for handling the makeup layers elegantly, I will start adding it in at a later date.
Phew, hope I remembered everything. Now, I need to emphasize, To make all of this possible, I’m having to update every single script in the system just like I did for Omega Advanced when I added Materials and Tinting! I’m going to be updating kits and add-ons through Christmas, maybe through Valentines. So if I’ve not updated your favorite mesh yet, I am sorry. I have a massive pile of scripts to update and MOST of them require some level of collaboration with the individual mesh makers even if it’s just “Hey! Swap this script out for me please?!”. Even SUPER cooperative folks may need to do a lot of work on their end to get things done! (like the arms!) So hold on and be patient!
So how do I know if my mesh has the new features?
I realized most of the way through I would need to get some sort of spreadsheet going to track it all, which can be found here:
Worksheet Progress: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ui7eqyaT-U14L_qxdhJI-0w2CaQo2ATgeW_S9hDtNcY/edit?usp=sharing
Do note, it is NOT complete. There’s a lot of incomplete data. So atm, the best way to tell is to grab an update just try it.
Also, now that the update has been announced, as I update meshes, I can start announcing when they’ve been updated and start getting information on their individual product pages!
When are you going to update ______? What order are you doing the updates?!
I don’t know and the best description for my method is “Lowest Hanging Fruit” combined with “Biggest Impact” combined with “Random.org”. The first folks who got updates were new meshes and folks who happened to needed new scripts because of their own updates. At this point, I’m just flailing wildly between getting kits done on the “best selling” list done and getting kits done in logical “batches” and hitting the random number generator when I can’t decide what to work on next!
I’m a Mesh Maker, why haven’t I heard from you yet?
Sorry about that! Again.. LOTS of you! I’m getting through you guys as fast as I can! You can read more about the update for mesh makers, as well as get the new logos here: http://slpoweredbyomega.com/project-unicorn/
I’m a Designer, where do I get this Dev Kit?! How can I test it?! Is there new LOGOS?!
The Dev kit, just grab a redelivery, you’ll get the new one. For testing, if you don’t have a Mesh that has the new features, I’ve erected mesh mannequins inworld for you to test appliers on!
The new logos are on the Dev Kit page!
Do I have to update all my applier products?! Are they going to stop working?
Nuuuuu. Everything from before will keep working, in same cases, like Makeup, it’ll work even better as buttons that used to require the routing hud now just bring up a popup!