This script is designed for giving out Advent Gifts or anything after a certain day and time.
You can set it up to require a group and/or set it to revert to a non-free price after the gift period expires.
Update 2.0 (11/29/2017): Updated Script to use easier to use Notecard and added Sample Gift Box
Update 2.1(11/30/2017): Updated Scripts to add even more customization, including adding the ability to charge an amount during the Gift Period.
The Script and it’s Config Card comes in the 2 examples I’ve included. You can either use the examples, or you can move the script and config to a gift box or object of your choice.
- Rez our the Gift Box you wish to use.
- If it is not our example, insert the Script and Config Card you pulled from our examples.
- Insert your gift object. Ensure your gift object is a SINGLE object. If need be, box it up first.
- Edit the Notecard Inside to adjust the Settings to your liking.
Settings are handled by a Config Notecard.
- Date/Time Settings: The Most important setting, these decide when the gift will become available.
- Waiting Mode: These Settings dictate how things while waiting for the date you set.
- waitingText – What hover-text to display over the object. If you don’t want hover-text, set this blank.
- waitingMessage- What the object says when you click on it!
- Gift Mode: How the Object behaves AFTER the date/time listed above but before it expires!
- requireGroupGift – If set to 1, the gift will require the user to be of the same group as the object in order to get it during the gift period
- giftPrice – Set to 0 to make it a gift, otherwise set the price for this period here.
- expire – Set the number of days you want the gift to be available, otherwise put zero to not expire.
- readyText – What hover-text to display over the object. If you don’t want hovertext, set this blank.
- giftMessage – What to say when giving the gift
- Expired Mode: How the Object behaves after the gift period. If you set expire to 0, it will never reach this state.
- requireGroupBuy – If set to 1, the gift will require the user to be of the same group as the object in order to buy it once it is expired.
- buyPrice – price of item after expiration. Put zero to make not available.
- expiredText – What the hover-text says
- soldMessage – What you’d like the it to say after selling the item
- unavailableMessage – What you’d like it to say after refusing to sell an item
About the Start Date: Settings are based on (UTC)!
- Default is 8:00, to match SLT which is 8 hours slower then UTC.
- To avoid Lag Creation, this script is not designed to be super precise, it only checks the current hour and once every hour. This means what point during the hour it opens up will be based on when the script starts. If it is important to you to open at 8:15, insert or reset the script at XX:15. (I don’t suggest aiming for exactly on the hour since if it checks too early, it’ll wait another hour before opening up.
- The script is not set to handle negative values, so if you want a time zone east of UTC, you should pick a date 1 day sooner and add enough hours to get to your time.
The default time setting in the config for this script is 8 hours past UTC. Meaning it will open at midnight SLT/Pacific the morning of the assigned day. If you want to change this number, either because you live in a different time zone or because you want it to open later in the day, you can set the new offset from UTC by changing the hour value in the settings config.
Do note the script only takes positive integers (0-23). So no half hours or negatives. It also uses UTC time and counts hours after midnight based on that time, so you need to figure out the day and time you want using UTC time, which may result in having to set the day to the day-before.
If this is your first time working with this script, I suggest doing a test a couple days before hand to make sure you’re setting the right hour/day to get the result you desire.
Time zone table (Figures for opening at midnight)
Time Zone :: Set Hour to ::: Set Day to:
UTC +14 ::: hour=14 ::: Same Day
UTC +12 ::: hour=12 ::: Same Day
UTC +10 ::: hour=10 ::: Same Day
UTC +8 ::: hour=8 ::: Same Day
UTC +6 ::: hour=6 ::: Same Day
UTC +4 ::: hour=4 ::: Same Day
UTC +2 ::: hour=2 ::: Same Day
UTC +0 ::: hour=0 ::: Same Day
UTC -2 ::: hour=22 ::: Day Before Local
UTC -4 ::: hour=20 ::: Day Before Local
UTC -6 ::: hour=18 ::: Day Before Local
UTC -8 ::: hour=16 ::: Day Before Local
UTC -10 ::: hour=14 ::: Day Before Local
UTC -12 ::: hour=12 ::: Day Before Local
About the Boxes:
I like giving Full Perm Creators Credit when possible, so if you like the examples given with this script, you can find your own full perm versions here: