Info for Mesh Makers
What is the Omega System?
The Omega System is my attempt to bring some order to a sea of applier chaos! By providing listeners for various meshes, and a single set of appliers, it is my hope to free mesh wearers, mesh makers and designers from the burdens of the proprietary applier system.
By focusing on the scripting, and not the selling of mesh, I allow YOU, Mr/Mrs. mesh maker to simply make the best mesh you can make. Do what you do best! Do not concern yourself with getting people to make your appliers. Omega has you covered!!
When you are Omega Capable, your customers have the ability to tap into a deep well of available products that already use Omega Appliers. You don’t have to hope and wait to see if people will jump on your appliers and make them, with Omega, your customers already have a vast array of choices! And when they know they have those choices, they are more likely to buy your mesh!
All Kits are custom made by me for each individual mesh maker to suit their needs, so you WILL need to contact me either Inworld or via our Mesh Maker Contact Form in order to get started. 🙂
When you contact me, I’m going to need to first verify that you’re mesh meets all the requirements of the System:
I’d hope this was obvious, but I won’t provide scripts for those I know to have ripped the mesh in question or any of the textured used on it. Additionally, I will not script Meshes purchased full perm from the MP without the express permission of the creator. If you have commissioned a mesh, make sure the creator is ready to speak with me, or that they’ve given you a .dae to upload so your names on the thing. I’d also like to note all our Pre-Installed Scripts have a backdoor for me to shut down those I find have violated my trust in this regard.
These are items I already sell myself. I will not script them for you to sell by themselves.
If however you’re including them or attaching them to another mesh you made
(Ie, you made a mesh body and it includes a skirt prim) I will of course script that attachment.
In order to protect our customers from poorly optimized Meshes:
- Meshes must have a reasonable ACI. Roughly 10k is recommended, anything over 50k, we reserve the right to refuse.
- Meshes must have a reasonable Script count. 1-5 is recommended. Anything over 10 (not including huds), we reserve the right to refuse.
- Meshes must have a reasonable Prim count for what they are. We reserve the right to refuse any mesh with more then twice the market average. (Currently 50ish for bodies)
- Meshes with multiple clothing layers must have some means of handling the Alpha Glitch, either by providing toggles on the HUD or by being Modify.
- Mesh Heads with overlapping layers must utilize the Alpha Glitch Work-Around of having all overlapping layers on the same prim.
The mesh needs to use the right UV maps: There is nothing I can do if the Mesh is not SLUV. The only bits that shouldn’t be SLUV are the nails and nipples which should be Square UV and Lolas UV respectively.
Update: By popular demand. We’ve added a Neckblender UV. If you add a neck blender, please use it. Skin makers will thank you!
If for some reason you choose not to use these UVs for the entire mesh, we can omit those sections, but strongly suggest you resist the urge to to use other UVs.
You may have some success, but we find it hurts you long term to deviate from them. Remember, you’re not just creating a work of art, but a canvas for other’s creativity. The less work you make for them, the more creativity can flurish.
Note: In the case of Nail UVs, we’ve had some success in using texture torture to make the textures fit other “square” UVs… show me your UV map and I’ll tell you if it’s possible.
I need to be able to see and test the item!
I don’t like asking for “freebees” but sending me your mesh is the easiest way for me to get the info I need and test it when I’m done.
If you want Direct Application, or a API Application via Linked Message, I’ll need it to be modify. It it’s an API Application OTHER then by Linked_Messages, then No-Modify is sufficient. However do NOT send me some jumbled mess that you’ve shrunk into oblivion. I need to be able to see where things are getting applied. Especially if I’m doing a customer paid kit for you, (ie, free scripting) for the love of appliers, make it look sensible when rezzed. You can put no-rez scripts in and make it a jumbled mess AFTER I’ve done the scripts for you.
If you want to be super slick, send me the mesh BEFORE your release date, I’ll send you back a Caspervend with the kit in it so you can put it out the same day
Note: Please also do me a favor and send me your item through your vendor system as well. This allows me to grab redeliveries and allows me to provide better customer service to your customers when they come to me. It’s much easier to tell them where things are and what they are named if I have an updated product to look at.
Consistent Naming and or Description Scheme My scripts need something to base it’s texturing decisions on. Layers with “Pants”, “Skin” and “underwear” in the descriptions make scripting your mesh a million times easier and makes it less likely for you to accidentally break it during a future update ^.^ This is particularly important if you have a large line of Mesh like Immortals and Sking. I can make your 100 prim mesh with no names and descriptions work…but you WILL pay for my time if this is the case and I really won’t like you after…..Of course, if you select API Application, this doesn’t matter.
A MODIFY Version of the Mesh for Testing: Can’t develop and test this sort of kit without dropping scripts into the body for testing. Your mesh doesn’t have to be sold Modify, but I personally will need a modify version. And Again… no jumbled Messes
Your API: I’ll of course need to know what API you want me to use.
Channels: If we’re using channels, I’ll need to know what channel info you want me to use. For the record, we have a strict policy of never revealing or using shared channels without permission. We’ve been doing this over a year and have never leaked or abused any of them.
About Linked Messages: If we’re doing Linked Messages, obviously no channel is needed, but please note, we will NOT do linked messages in any prim or mesh that is modify. This is to protect Designers UUIDs. Additionally we only will do link_message scripting for designers with a established reputation of tight security.
No Outside Storage: You cannot, for any reason, store UUIDs or textures provided by Omega appliers in transferable or outside storage. All storage, if there is any, must be in secure non-transferable items in the possession of the applier user.
I.. can’t be making scripts for meshes that arn’t going to hit the market. It’s too time consuming.
So if you’re not making something for market, ie, you’re just making yourself a Mesh, or Making meshes for individual clients.. instead of contacting Chellynne, you’ll need to use either the:
- Mesh Studio Kit: If you’re making Heads using the Mesh Studio Kit by Yabusaka, you can simply use the Mesh Studio Kit. It also works on heads that are just a single skin layer.
- Mesh Maker Dev Kit: For everything else, you need this kit has no-trans scripts for folks wanting to just test out the meshes they are making before contacting me and those who make personal and/or custom Meshes. Included is a vendor to make a copy of the script available to your customers.
Once you’ve met/accepted the requirements, I’ll need you to make two big decisions:
Decisions, Deposits and TOS
- Customer Paid*: We can create a customer purchased kit which requires a purchase from the customer.
- Kits are 99L for the Customer and cover all the meshes from a particular mesh maker.
- Exception: Kits for Full Perm Meshes are 299L and may or may not cover all meshes from a particular maker depending on the situation.
- Kits are Free for you provided:
- You use the provided Omega Logo on the product
- Put the promotional item we give you into the package. (Just a little HUD that’ll point them to the Blog/Support Groups/ect)
- Allow us to provide keywords for your product descriptions or use our API.
- Kits are NOT Free for you if:
- You make me script around your API.
- You refuse to simplify my work by adding keywords to prim names and/or descriptions if asked.
- You refuse to use our Logo or Include the promotional items provide.
- In any of these cases, there is a 10k Setup Fee ^.^
- As of 5/14/2016 Customer Paid will no longer be offered to “simple” meshes.
- No-Clothing Bodies. Ie, bodies that are just a skin layer and no clothes.
- Type D or Type Y Heads.
- Stand Alone Mesh Eyes. (Mesh eyes not accompanying a head)
- These items can still be scripted, but only through the Designer Paid Option.
- Kits are 99L for the Customer and cover all the meshes from a particular mesh maker.
- Designer Paid AKA Pre-Installed: We can also set it up to work right out of the box.
- Free for Customers
- Requires a Setup Fee.
- Also Requires a Per-Sale Fee.
- Full Pre-Installed Pricing Information here
- Direct Application: Our traditional method is to simply directly paint the layers ourselves. No additional scripting is needed on your part. If Designer Paid is picked, there may be a discount for using our prim names or descriptions. (Saves us work). If Customer Paid is Picked, using our prim names or descriptions gets you a 50% affiliate kit instead of the normal 35% one.
- API Application: Some mesh makers prefer we communicate directly to their internal API, This can be done by giving us your applier channel information, or by creating a custom API just for us. This is more work for you, but in the long run results in more reliable body and kit behavior, and allows for communication with wardrobe functions. Learn About API Building
Regardless of Payment plan, there’s an additional 5k Linden refundable deposit, paid before we start scripting. This Deposit is returned when:
- The Mesh has been released and/or updated with the scripts I provide you.
- There is no outstanding technical issues, ie, scripts not being added, prims not being named correctly, or anything else that might be keeping the kit from functioning correctly.
- Appropriate Product Images have been given to Chellynne for the showroom.
- Full Retail Versions have been given to Chellynne and 1 named Minion of her choice, in such a way they can acquire redeliveries. (In other words… send us the product through your vendor system. That way when people need help with the kit, or need to update the blog info, we’re not flailing around because we don’t have an updated version of the mesh.)
TOS for Omega Listener Scripts
In Purchasing and/or Distributing our scripts you agree to the following terms:
This is the basic TOS for all Plug-In and Pre-Installed Scripts. This TOS also applies to all UUIDs and other Info Passed to your scripts by us.
Breaches in this TOS will result in any scripts being shut down and any Relays being taken off the Market.
It is subject to change without notice.
Also note: We DO have the means to shut down our pre-installed scripts
remotely if we find someone in breach of TOS.
- Unless otherwise stated, scripts may not be distributed copy/Trans. They must be either copy/no-trans or no-copy/trans.
- The scripts may not be distributed or sold alone and may only be distributed in the agreed upon mesh creation(s).
- Unless otherwise agreed upon, the scripts may not be distributed in trans mesh.
- The scripts may only be distributed by the creator they are created for.
- The scripts may not be used in any attempt to reverse engineer Omega Channels.
- The scripts may not be used in any attempt to reverse engineer any other Meshes Channels.
- The scripts may not be used in products that uses reverse engineered Mesh Channels without permission. (Ie, uses Wowmeh, Kitties Lair, Phat Azz, Slink or any other Products Channels without their creators permission)
- No outside storage. UUIDs and other data sent by Omega Appliers may not be stored or transmitted to outside servers, inworld or otherwise, nor in any trans Objects, nor in anywhere else that is not a no-trans item in the customers possession. (Ie, Body and/or HUD)
- These scripts may not be used to for IP infringement of any sort.
- The scripts may not be used in any product that violates Linden Labs TOS.
- In the case of Pre-Installed Option, The flat fee is due immediately upon delivery of the final copy/trans version. All agreed upon disbursements much be made in a orderly fashion in an automated matter. Ie: through caspervends profit sharing feature and/or the Marketplace Disbursement Feature.
- All disbursement payments go to xanderpendragon resident.
- Occasionally a update may be distributed to add new features or implement fixes. You are not required to use the updated script and can continue to use the old script if you prefer, unless the update includes the fix of a security issue. In that case, you are not required to use the new script, but you must remove the old.
- If any Relays or HUDs are provided, they will not be altered without my express permission. This includes the removal or addition of buttons, features, links, re-skinning or the like.
- All UUIDs provided by Omega scripts must be kept secure. This includes, but is not limited to ;
- Making sure all Linked_Messaging only occurs in no-mod prims and fails outside of those prims,
- Using reasonably hard to detect channels and keeping those channels closely guarded.
- Alerting us if the channels we’ve been given have been compromised so we might come up with a solution. (Usually Switching our communications to your mesh to a new channel)
- You agree to allow us to redistribute any UV Maps/PSDs and other creator tools you make available to the general public or provide us. These items will be used for the sole purpose of creating guides and other materials for creators.
- Guarantee of Creator Privacy: It is our promise that any information provided to us privately will not be shared/leaked/etc without express permission. Any information publicly available is not covered by this. But this means:
- We will not disclose any information about impending updates/changes/features without your express permission until the time of those updates/changes. (So if you’d like us to “leak” something, say so!)
- Your Channels, Encryption and Formatting will not be disclosed without your expressed permission. Nor will it be used without your permission. (Ie, If you give us channels to make a relay, we will not use those channels to make other products)
- Information about DMCA issues, conflicts and drama will not be shared/exposed.
- We will not share Specific tricks shared with us until they become “Common Features”.
- Ie, we won’t share how you did that neat trick with the ____ that no one else is doing yet….
- “Common Features” are features and methods that at least 3 creators have figured out and implemented. Examples include Alpha HUDs, Layer Toggles, Naked Buttons, and other common features on the market, including, but not limited to:
- Using Transparency to hide/show parts of the mesh
- Using Scripting to control the Alpha Mode of a layer
- Using Shrinkwrap to create clothing layers
- Rigging wrists/ankles to standard sizes.
TOS for Nails
- Nails must be no-mod.
- Nails must be to fit a certain mesh (or standard avi) hand and/or feet.
- Nails must provide something that none of the existing or planned nails provide. (different length, different pose or different style)
- Nails must not be free and must cost a reasonable amount (250L minimum)
- Each set must be cleared by Chellynne Bailey. This is to ensure that we don’t have multiples coming out. We advise informing Chellynne Bailey before you start work to ensure someones not already working on that set. She will reserve ONE length/style for you for 3 months only.
- Nails must be kept up-to-date. If the mesh hands they are designed to serve are re-shaped, the nails will also need to be reshaped.
Need More then Just Omega?
Another options for getting Omega into your mesh is to hire us for full scripting, ya know appliers, huds, alphas, layers, masking mode, ect and that comes with Omega Built in. Unlike the other options however.. I reserve the right to pick and choose what projects I think are worth my time. It’s also dependant on if I currently have time… which as of 6/21/2016…I probably don’t…xD
Cost For You: Contact for Pricing Cost For Customer: null
TOS for Pre-Installed and Plug-In Kits
We did it..my mesh is now Omega Friendly!
Congrats, you’re now part of a growing family of Mesh Makers
enjoying the benefits of being included in the Omega System!
Things to do now:
1) Why else would I want to join the Omega Project?
Ohh let me count the ways:
- It’s just plain good customer service.
- A universal applier system eases the transition from non-mesh user to mesh user, expanding the pool of customers available to you.
- It frees you from worrying about convincing clothing makers to support you.
- We’ve noticed Omega users tend to be “collectors” of mesh… especially mesh thats omega compatible.. our customers may very well be the most promising pool of potential customers you can tap into, and we make sure they know when a new kit, and thus a new mesh is available.
2) Do I have to give up my current applier system?
-grins- Lots of meshes are already on the Omega System!
Find a full list of supported meshes:
Check our our “Best Practices CheckList” for a list of technical fixes, most needed features, standards and ideas for making your mesh SUPER AWESOME.
A work in progress for sure, but we’re working on it. -chuckles-
5) I would like to try Omega…but I’m not sure I’m ready to talk to you yet….
Not at a stage you’re ready to talk to us yet? No problem! We have a development kit you can pick up and try out without our pesky questions about releases and layers and blah blah blah blah.
Info About this Kit can be found here: Mesh Maker Dev Kit
6) I want to get Customer Paid.. but I’d like people to be able to try their skins on my mesh without purchasing the kit…
I.. really don’t want to make demo scripts for everything! x.x
But After quite a bit of demand, expecially from head creators, I will now provide a Skin-Only Demo Script for use with Demos ONLY, for a One-Time Fee of 5k. If you later decide to convert to pre-installed, I’ll count this as credit toward the Set-Up-Fee.
7) Where is my deposit refund?! I released!
Get in my box and knock me upside the head. I may not have noticed the release.