The Future of Eyelash Appliers
As some of you know I am working on an update to the Omega System, tentatively named “Omega Unleashed”. ((still contemplating the name!))
Well, one of the features for this update is going to be the addition of Omega Eyelash Appliers!
This is the UV used by Lelutka, so many of you are already familiar with it. Lelutka has graciously agreed to allow the Omega Applier Community to use this UV.
So, what does this mean?
Now with Color! (Updated for better visibility)
If you are a Mesh Maker:
Obviously, I can’t MAKE you change your UV. Your UVs are up to you, and I will not be withholding support or otherwise penalizing anyone who doesn’t want to implement this. Especially if you already have Eyelash Appliers in circulation, I wouldn’t expect you to change your UV. That’d be silly. In fact, I’d strongly recommend against it. Breaking old appliers is a cardinal sin in the Mesh world! If however, you’ve not released yet, you don’t have Eyelash Appliers haven’t haven’t had luck getting people to make appliers, I strongly recommend adopting this UV! (Supporting both your old UV and your new one is also a possibility, although more work)
If you DO update to use this UV, contact me so I can get your kit updated ASAP!
If you are a Designer:
When I release the Omega Unleashed update (or whatever I end up calling it) there will be a brand new Dev Kit, and it will include the ability to make EyeLash Appliers. How many Meshes will TAKE these appliers will depend on how many update their meshes! At the very least, there will be Lelutka! 🙂
If you are a Customer:
There isn’t much for you to do yet. Eventually, you will need updates of your meshes/kits to take advantage of all the goodies coming! I’ll make more announcements as I get this update wrapped up!
Update: Added Color to the UV for better visibility and also, this handy mpg4 to show how the UV should on the lash.
Mesh Body and Bits Reviews
We here at Omega have a stance that all Meshes are beautiful in their own way. The best mesh is the mesh that fits your vision for yourself. There are no ugly meshes. That, while an utterly necessary stance, both for being able to work with mesh makers and for fostering a friendly supportive community, is not horribly useful for those trying to decide on a mesh.
Because of this Omega is always looking for well-written reviews of ALL our Supported Meshes. We list them on each mesh page under “See what other’s are saying”. If you write Mesh Body Reviews, whether as a one-time thing or as a series (Ala Mesh Body Addicts), we’d be happy to do a direct link exchange between your review and our body listings.
Do note, there are a few requirements for this:
- Above all, it must be well written and factually accurate.
- It needs to have more than just your opinion. It needs to have useful details. It doesn’t need to have every detail ever…but one should feel more informed about a product after reading it. (See Mesh Body Addicts and Strawberry Singh for REALLY good examples)
- It should mention Omega and link to the Mesh Info Page for that Mesh. (This is where the ‘exchange’ bit comes in)
- It can’t be a Bash Piece. Critism is ok, Bashing is not. “Cons” are fine but should be factual, not “bashy” and be balanced with pros. We can’t post reviews that are nothing but negative remarks or that are just mean spirited.
- It can’t be a puff piece. The opposite is true as well… a long glowing review with not so much as an “I do with they had _______” raises red flags with me.
- And obviously. No TOS breaking content, or content that encourages breaking TOS.
Well.. I think that’s enough CMA (Covering my Ass)… If you are still interested, toss a Notecard at Chellynne Bailey with the link to your review. 🙂
Omega Flickr Groups: Rules
Update 6/4/2017: Added NSFW Group & Clarified rules Continue reading
Omega Solutions Newsletter:
March/April in Review
Huzza! Only Two Months in between this time!
Neck Blenders for Men
First.. because there has been many.. many requests…I FINALLY got the Neck kit updated for men! It now includes 1 neck size and 3 neck blender options for menfolk.
Head Updates: In an attempt for a more intuitive design, I’m experimenting with a new method of Makeup Application. I’ve started updating select heads and kits to react to the “HUD” and “ALL” buttons by bringing up a popup for you to select where to apply a texture. Theoretically, this should reduce the need to use the routing hud and help folks who just sorta blindly click. 🙂 (Since all buttons on the applier will either apply the texture in the default areas or bring up a popup!)
Full Perm Kit Changes: Well.. it looks like Full Perm Heads are going to be more and more of a thing, so after talking with Customers, Creators and my Minions I’ve decided to make a change in the pricing Structure. Before, to reflect the Added work of keeping such a kit secure and providing Customer Service for it, I set the price at 299L for the Meli Imako Kit as well as the Safy Belle One. I’ve decided to change this as to not punish end users. Instead there is now two kit editions for each of these products and future products like them.
- The Creator Edition includes a transferable Plug-in script to be placed in the head before sale, instructions for naming, test appliers and anything else I think might be useful with a particular head. It is priced at 299L, only available inworld and only available after purchasing the “Customer Edition”
- The Customer Edition includes an Installer and because I know some people won’t set the head up correctly before selling it… a no-transfer “demo” version of the Plug-in Script along with instructions. It won’t include any of the other tools and bits I decide to include with the Creator Edition. It will cost the normal 99L but will not have a Group Discount available.
Phat Azz Channel Updates:
Well…. it took 2 years.. and giving up completely.. but I did it… I found CK Winx! (Rather he found me.. ) For those of you who aren’t 100yo in SL years, that’s the creator of Phat Azz, not the first mesh booty, but the one that really launched them into the mainstream. You can still find TONS of appliers for it on the MP and every booty had its’ own instructions for converting them!
And now, with CK’s help and permission, I’ve updated the Generic Router to convert allll those Phat Azz appliers into an Omega Ones.
Simply make sure you are wearing the router when you use the phat azz applier. No more clunky Notecard swapping for phat azz (thank goodness).
And if you want to make a permanent applier for yourself instead, I’ve also updated the Applier Converters to listen for Phat Azz as well. 🙂
Omega Solutions Newsletter:
Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb in Review
Yeah yeah.. I know… It’s been awhile..let’s play catch up!
Update: 3/2/2017 Opps, forgot a few meshes! -added them now-
Bento Head Releases
Cause I know it’s what you all want…
Not sure what bento is? Read “What you should know about Bento” !