Just Eyes Kit
Add Omega Applier Support to your Heads Mesh eyes and Lashes!
Purpose of this Kit
This kit is for creators looking to utilize Omega for their Mesh Eyes and Lashes, either by themselves, or as Part of a head or other attachment.
It does NOT come with Omega Support for the Head itself, but does come with a BOM button for the head so you can have a Bakes on Mesh Head with Omega Lashes and Eyes.
Features of Both Kits:
- Standard Applier Support
- Materials Applier Support
- Tinting Applier Support
- Support for Eye Appliers
- Individual Eye Texturing
- Support for Lash Appliers
- Bakes on Mesh Support for Heads.
- Fixes 32bit Eye Textures.
What is Included in the Creator Edition:
- Copy/Trans Listeners for the Mesh.
- Copy/Trans Button for Bakes on Mesh. Applies the Bakes on Mesh Texture to a Mesh Head.
- A Vendor to Distribute the Installer for this kit.
- A Fancy Logo for your Eyes!
- Ability to advertise in Omega Obsessions and Omega Ladies Flickr!
What is Included in the Customer Edition:
- Installer to activate your Mesh.
- A Copy/No-Mod/No-Trans Demo of the Creator Edition Scripts.
(Fully functional, just no-trans)
Why you DO need this kit:
- If you’ve created a Mesh and:
- You want to add Bakes on Mesh Support to a head without scripting it yourself..
- You want to add Omega Applier Support for Eyes.
- You want to add Omega Applier Support for Lashes.
- You’ve purchased a Modify Mesh SLUV Head/Lash/Eye and want to use them but:
- They lack Omega Support
- They lack Materials Support
- They’re too script heavy.
- You’ve purchased a Mesh Head or other Product with the Omega Just Eyes Logo!
If you’ve purchased a Mesh Head or other Product with the Omega Just Eyes Logo on it:
- Wear the Mesh
- Wear the Included Installer
- Click it, and it should tell you “Thank you for Installing Omega!”
If it says thank you, you’re done. If it does NOT, then the mesh you’ve purchased is NOT set up and you will have to follow the Creator Instructions below.
In addition to our Full TOS Here, Use of this kit is subject to the following:
- These Scripts may not be used to break the TOSs of Linden Labs, Omega or the Creator of the Mesh. This means if you are a reseller, make sure the creators TOS allows Omega Scripting Explicitly. If Omega is not mentioned in their TOS, ask the Creator Directly.
- These Scripts may not be used for IP infringement of any sort.
- All scripts must be set to No-Mod/No-trans before distribution.
- Listener scripts must be distributed IN a finished product, not by themselves.
- Products must be fully set up and tested before being Advertised as Omega Friendly. This means:
- You’ve configured the mesh by adding the keywords below
- You’ve inserted the listener scripts.
- You’ve provided a working HUD.
- You’ve tested it all to make sure it works properly
- The Included Logo must be prominently displayed on the product vendor and never displayed alone where it might be grabbed.
- The Included Logo must NOT be put on items that have not satisfied Line 5.
Basic Requirements and Limitations
- First, your mesh will need to use our Head, Eye or Lash UVs.
- This can include:
- Heads (Bakes on Mesh Only)
- Any mesh that repurposes any of those three textures.
- It is NOT appropriate for anything with:
- Makeup Layers
- Upper Body
- Lower Body
- Hands, Feet, Nails, Neckblenders, etc.
- The Scripts will not work in Transferable Mesh at any time. You will need to take steps to be able to test your creation while it is no-trans. (More info bellow)
- This Kit requires the inserting of scripts and the editing of prim descriptions.
- Unless you’ve purchased mesh that is already set up, you will need to modify permissions to make use of this kit.
- This may interfere with other scripts that make use of the prim descriptions. This usually is not an issue since most commercial products rely on prim names rather than descriptions, but if for some reason you need a copy of the script that uses names instead of descriptions, let me know, I shall send you some.
Rez, Link and Configure your Mesh
First Step is to rez all the bits of your mesh. You’re going to put the following keywords into the descriptions
For the Eyes, it’s a little different. The script as built to support a large number of individually textured eyes.
To support this, place in each eye description
<Name> is what will show up on the popup. So no spaces and keep it short.
Typical Example would be
But if you want to get freaky, you can:
Up to 12 different eyes, or groups of eyes. Yes, if you have, for example, a monster with 6 eyes, and want to let people texture more then 12, you can assign the same keyword more then once and all those prims will get textured together!
If you desire a root prim, now is the time to add one.
Set the Permissions of the Scripts and Mesh
BEFORE adding the Omega Scripting change the permissions on it to no-trans. While you’re at it, you might as well set the permissions of the Mesh to no-trans as well. For the security of our Applier Creators, do note that NO Omega Script, this one included, will function while a mesh has Transfer Permissions.
Testing the Listener Scripts
Now, none of the scripts work in a mesh that is transferable, ever. So how do you test your work? You have two options:
- Pass the now set up Mesh to an alt and buy them a consumer kit to activate the scripts.
- Make a copy of the Mesh and attach a random no-transferable prim to them. This will leave you with a copy of your Mesh that is no-transfer.
Either way, you will need to use the included installer named “Omega System Installer – Just Eyes Kit”
The Bakes on Mesh Button
If your Mesh includes a SLUV Head, or uses some part of the SLUV Head, you can use the included Bakes on Mesh Button.
You can attach it to a HUD for the Mesh, or include it in the packaging.
Either way, remember to:
- Set the Button Script to No-Trans.
- Label the appropriate prim descriptions “head”
A IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT UVs
With bakes on mesh coming, I can no longer be the UV policewoman.
It is now up to each individual creator to make sure their head UVs are done correctly!
So if you’re making a head, please.. please PLEASE go here:
Grab the head UV and slap it on your head and compare it to the video. Your eye UVs should be just as crisp as that one is.
There’s also a guideline for where to put your nose crease.
Do NOT rely solely on Skins to test your UVs. They’re not defined enough.
Skin-only testing is why skins for certain heads look wrong on other certain heads.
(especially when 2 different heads have opposite imperfections..blah)
If you’re unsure if your UVs are right. Hit me up! I’ll be happy to do a quick UV critique!
And Customers, if something you bought has bad UVs, it’s OK to let the creator know.
Be nice about it, but let them know you’re disappointed.
(Just make sure it’s the item and not the skin that’s wacky. )
Which kit do I get?!
If your Mesh has the Just Eyes Kit Label, or you’re making something for personal use only, you can get by with just the Consumer Edition.
If you’re looking to resell your mesh, you will need the Creator Edition. (Note, the Creator Edition is only available inworld and requires the prior purchase of the Consumer Edition.
Does it work on Heads? Or just Eyes and Lashes?
This kit supports Bakes on Mesh, but not Omega Appliers for Heads.
For Head support, you will need to contact me for a Script.
(For now. A Kit with full Head support will be added when Bakes on Mesh is Released)
How Much is the Kit?
Consumer Edition: 299L on MP. 149L Inworld.
Creator Edition: 599L (Also Requires the purchase of the Consumer Edition)
Can I get a Pre-Installed Version of this?
Existing, trusted and well-established brands may get a pre-installed version of this script that works without activation.
The cost for this is 5k + 75L per sale.
Where Can I get the Kit?
I still need help with my Mesh!
If your issue is Omega Related:
- First, try The Omega Solutions Support Group: secondlife:///app/group/276e12ea-52c3-008f-d6c9-31fc8bd2ba73/about
- If you don’t find help there, contact our CSR: OR Fill out a Support Ticket
- If your questions are scripting related, send a Notecard to Chellynne Bailey.
(Note, I can answer simple questions related to the scripts, but I cannot be your scripting tutor)
If your issue is NOT Omega Related, contact the creator of your Mesh!
Remember when asking for help in ANY support group to be polite and specific with your query. For best results, do not open with “hi” or “can someone help me?” but instead open with an explanation of the problem.
Response rate varies based on who is online and what they know, so be patient. Sometimes you can get a delayed response, and sometimes there’s simply not someone online with an answer to your specific question. In this case, try one of the other support groups/options or come back later and try again when more or different people are around.
If you’re not sure if the problem is Omega, don’t stress, just try any of the above support options. If nothing else, they can help you sort out if it’s an Omega problem or something else.